Information on doctoral thesis of fellow To Linh Huong
Thesis title: The global tea value chain and the participation of Viet Nam
1. Full name: To Linh Huong
2. Sex: Female
3. Date of birth: 14/02/1988
4. Place of birth: Ha Noi
5. Admission decision number: No. 1550/QĐ-ĐHKT dated 05/08/2013.
6. Changes in academic process:
7. Official thesis title: The global tea value chain and the participation of Viet Nam
8. Major: International Economics
9. Code: 62 31 01 06
- Professor. Dr. Phung Xuan Nha
- Associate Professor. Dr. Nguyen Viet Khoi
11. Summary of the new findings of the thesis:
- First, the thesis systemizes the theories of global value chain and the global value chain of the tea industry, focusing on analyzing the characteristics, structures and factors involved in the value chain, so as to build up a foundation for other further studies.
- Second, the thesis studies the experiences of the world's leading countries on tea value chain management and embraces some implications for Vietnam.
- Third, the thesis depicts the entire Vietnamese tea sector in terms of area, productivity, yield, processing and export to realize the competitive advantages of Vietnam to join the global tea value chain.
- Fourth, the thesis performs an in-depth analysis of the participation of each Vietnamese factor into the global tea value chain, providing a closer look at the potential of each factor participated in the global tea value chain.
- Fifth, the thesis clarifies the factors which influence Vietnam's participation in the global tea value chain by using statistical methods, survey and data processing with SPSS 15.0.
- Last, the thesis indicates policy implications for the State, for Viet Nam Tea Association and for companies to strengthen their participation into the global value chain of tea products.
12. Practical applicability:
- This dissertation is a useful reference for macro-management agencies in policy making to strengthen the participation of Viet Nam in the global tea value chain, as well as to raise the awareness of Vietnamese enterprises of selecting the most advantageous position to join the global value chain.
13. Further research directions:
- The result of the thesis may suggest further research on the participation of Vietnamese SMEs in the global value chain; the value chain of agricultural products in Viet Nam; solutions to increase export value for agricultural products of Viet Nam…
14. Thesis-related publications:
- Nguyen Viet Khoi, Hoang Thi Hai Yen, Tong Van Khai, To Linh Huong, Nguyen Tien Duc (2017), Key Analysis on the Diary Value Chain in Viet Nam: Evidences from the Case of Ba Vi, Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Issue 2, 2017 (forthcoming).
- To Linh Huong (2016), “Identifying the value chain of the Vietnamese tea industry and some policy implications”, Asia – Pacific Economic Review, Vol (484), 12/2016.
- Nguyen Viet Khôi và To Linh Huong (2016), “Global tea value chain: World experience and implications for Viet Nam”, Review of World Economic and Political Issues, Vol 1 (237), 1/2016.
- Nguyen Viet Khoi, Chu Huong Lan, To Linh Huong (2015), Vietnam Tea Industry: An Analysis from Value Chain Approach, International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains, Vol. 6, No. 3, 9/2015.