Information on Doctoral thesis of Fellows Phung Kim Anh
Thesis title: Adjustment of management model of Japanese economic groups and policy implications for Vietnam
1. Full name: Phung Kim Anh
2. Sex: Femal
3. Date of birth: 10/11/1973
4. Place of birth: Nam Dinh city
5. Admission decision number: No. 2224/QD-DHKT dated 03/11/2011
6. Changes in academic process: Yes
* Pursuant to Decision No. 2282/QD-DHKT dated 15/10/2013 on adjusting the doctoral thesis title.
- Old title: Adjustment of Japanese economic group model and reference value for the construction and innovation of Vietnam economic groups today.
- New title: Adjustment of management model of Japanese economic groups and policy implications for Vietnam.
* Pursuant to Decision No. 3701/QD-DHKT dated 31/12/2013 on adjusting the instructor.
- Old instructor: 1) Assoc.Prof.Dr. Phung Xuan Nha 2) Dr. Vu Anh Dung
- New instructor: 1) Assoc.Prof.Dr. Phung Xuan Nha 2) Dr. Nguyen Duy Dung
7. Official thesis title: Adjustment of management model of Japanese economic groups and policy implications for Vietnam
8. Major: International Economics
9. Code: 62 31 01 06
- Assoc. Prof., Dr. Phung Xuan Nha
- Assoc. Prof., Dr. Nguyen Duy Dung
11. Summary of the new findings of the thesis
First, in theory: The thesis supplements and completes the theoretical framework of economic groups, management model for economic groups and adjustment of management model for economic groups.
Second, in practice: The thesis analyzes the real situation of adjusting Japanese economic group management model and its effects; assesses success and limits of the adjustment of management model of Japanese economic groups; Recommends viewpoints and measures for the innovation of economic groups in Vietnam today.
12. Practical applicability:
The thesis is a useful reference for macroeconomic management agencies in making policies on adjusting and restructuring economic groups in Vietnam, as well as in raising awareness of Vietnamese enterprises/groups about lessons of success and failure of Japanese economic groups in their process of adjusting group management after the 2nd world war, thus to have proper experience and business strategies for the state economic groups in general and private economic groups and enterprises in particular.
13. Further research directions:
+ Evaluating effects of adjusting management model of Japanese economic groups on Japanese socio-economic development in particular and on the region in general, including Vietnam.
+ Recommending lessons of policy implications for Vietnam in restructuring enterprises.
14. Thesis-related publications:
 Phung Kim Anh (2017), Innovating and developing economic groups oriented the 12th Party Meeting - Accessing from valuable lessons of Japan, No. 1/2017, Propaganda and Training Review.
 Phung Kim Anh (2016), Operation strategies of Japanese cross-national companies, Asia - Pacific Economic Review No. 483 in December 2016.
 Phung Kim Anh, Vu Anh Dung (2011), Japanese economic groups - Challenges and Prospects, Propaganda and Training Review, 2011.
 Phung Kim Anh, Vu Anh Dung (2011), Pressure and Innovation Trend of Cross-national companies, North East Asia Research Review, No. 9, 2011.
 Phung Kim Anh (2007), Training and Using Human Resources of Japanese Language - Real Situation and Measures. Summary record of a scientific workshop: Training human resources to satisfy requirements of international economic integration, Foreign Trade University, Hanoi, 2007.