Information on Doctoral thesis of Fellows Duong Quynh Hoa
Thesis title: The Role of the State in the Development of Science and Technology Human Resources in Vietnam
1. Full name: Duong Quynh Hoa
2. Sex: Female
3. Date of birth: 17/8/1976
4. Place of birth:
5. Admission decision number: 3643/QD-DHKT date 26/12/2013
6. Changes in academic process: No
7. Thesis title: The Role of the State in the Development of Science and Technology Human Resources in Vietnam
8. Major: Political economics
9. Code: 62.31.01.01
10. Supervisors: Assoc.Prof.Dr Pham Van Dung
11. Summary of the new findings of the thesis
- Theoretical contributions:
The study established its theoretical framework, clarified influential factors and criteria for assessing the State’s role in the development of human resources for science and technology sectors; Through secondary data from various ministries and sectors, and primary data from surveys and questionnaires, the study arrived at an evaluation of the current role played by the State in the development of human resources for science and technology sectors before producing a relatively comprehensive system of directions and solutions for enhancing the State’s role in the development of human resources for science and technology sectors in the country.
- Practical contributions:
Through a comprehensive analysis and evaluation, the study pointed out achievements and drawbacks in the State’s role in the development of human resources for science and technology sectors, identified problems to be solved, and suggested solutions to be applied so as to enhance the State’s role in this respect.
12. Paratical applicability, if any: Results from this study could serve as references in policy-making and implementation concerning human resource development in science and technology (S&T); it could also be used for teaching/learning the course Human Resource Development in Service of Industrialization and Modernization along with Development of Knowledge Economy; and the course Management of Science and Technology at the Faculty of Political Economics, University of Economics and Business under VNU
13. Further research directions, if any: Continue theoretical inquiry and practical verification to improve policies for S&T human resource development in a selective number of priority areas.
14. Thesis-related publications:
. Dương Quynh Hoa, International experience in policies for S&T development, in Journal “World Economic and Political Issues”, No. 5/2009 (pp.20-28).
. Dương Quynh Hoa, Solutions for S&T human resource development in Vietnam currently, Journal “African and Middle East Studies”, No. 7/2015 (pp. 39-47).
. Dương Quynh Hoa, Policies for the use of S&T human resources in Southeast Asian countries and implications for Vietnam, Journal “Indian and Asian Studies”, No 8/2016 (pp.63-70)